Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Plenty


I'm finally reading this book. I know. It's taken me long enough. This is like the Bible of local eating; the book that started it all. Well, I knew about it and I'd flipped through it, but I didn't have time to sit and read the whole thing until now. So once I finish, which should be soon because it's short, I will discuss. I was all prepared to be jealous of these poor souls trying to eat locally in the Pacific Northwest with all those wonderful apples that I obsess over, but ha! I'm not even halfway into the book and the authors are already complaining about not having sugar. I got your sugar! Florida Crystals. Local and carbon free. Take that Up North. A few pages later they talk about how they miss mangoes and oranges. Ha again. Talk about mangoes. Oh my Lord. They've just come in season right now and it seems we have a bumper crop this year. Many mango posts to follow. Let me get back to reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! We have lovely things here too, as you point out. If you are interested, I interviewed the (very kind) authors at the Book Fair for Miami Dish. The article is called Audio Bite: The 100 Mile Diet.

    ReplyDelete