Monday, June 15, 2009

Soft Shell Blues

These soft-shelled blue crabs were my local food find of the week. These crabs, harvested just north of here in the St. Johns River, are available at The Fish Peddler East on Commercial Boulevard and Bayview Drive in Fort Lauderdale. When I buy fish (as opposed to catching it myself, which I am about to try, or having another fisherman give it to me) I go to the Fish Peddler East almost exclusively. The shop is clean, busy and staffed by friendly, knowledgeable and honest employees. They know which fish is local and which isn't and I find the local selection far outweighs the items shipped in from other oceans. The Fish Peddler East is located at 2805 East Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. You can call them at 954-491-1441 to check pricing and availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment