Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alexa Update

I just wanted to mention that after my initial visit to Alexa Produce in Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago, that there seems to be a flurry of activity going on there each time I pass. It looks like they're doing some construction inside and they've done a lot to improve the appearance of the outside of the market too. I'm hoping that my initial impression was just because it was late summer, a terrible time for local produce here as we all know, and that they were just trying to get the business up and running before the real season kicks in in about a month or so. I'm really hoping that this winter they'll carry local produce and not have to rely on items shipped from far away. If they do this, I will be a loyal, devoted customer and recommend them to everyone I know. I don't even care about the price. So I'm going to give them a couple more weeks, see if the construction is done and then I'll visit them again. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements they're making.

1 comment:

  1. 6/11/2012. Lots of changes at Alexa's. New manager and attitude .What a great place. They have the freshest fruits and vegs in the area. Much better than Publix or Winn Dixie. Their prices are insanely low for excellant quality. If they don't have it, the manager will order it and try to get it for you. They have fresh deliveries every morning. They are open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm . 8a-7p Sundays.

    ReplyDelete