Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Still Here

Tomorrow is the start of CSA season! Tomorrow afternoon I will go pick up my first box of locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, roots and fungi. I list all of those things because you just never know what you're going to get each week and the last CSA season in which I participated, I received all of the above. For me, the waiting for the deliveries to start feels like waiting for Christmas. I guess that makes today Christmas Eve! I'm absolutely beside myself with excitement because I plan to use whatever is in my box tomorrow to create some exciting dishes for Thanksgiving and it's been far too long since I've gorged myself on fresh Swiss Chard. I'm hoping for some of that, but any fresh greens make me happy.

Once I get home and get everything sorted out, I will photograph the contents of this week's delivery. Then I will post and explain everything, including how a CSA works for those of you who may not be familiar with what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog through Bee Heaven Farm's blog and I'm loving it. We picked up our first ever CSA box today and are very excited about it! It's nice to see blogs like yours out there!

    BTW....the exploding Florida Sel incident....hilarious!

    ReplyDelete