Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't Hate My Lunch Because It's Beautiful

My lunch today was so good that I didn't want it to end. I made a salad of roasted beets, tangerines, feta and walnuts and dressed it with olive oil, tangerine juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. It just doesn't get any better. The beets and tangerines were from my CSA. We got beets a few weeks back and I saved some in my crisper. I took them out the other day, slicked them in olive oil, sprinkled them with coarse salt, bundled them up in foil and roasted at 375 for about 45 minutes or so (they were little - larger ones take longer like potatoes).I chilled them, took them out today and their jackets slipped right off. Then I diced them and tossed them into this nice, non-staining glass bowl. I had the salad done in minutes and eaten up even faster.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That salad has a lot of my favorite things - beets, tangerines... YUM! Adding it to my list of recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My CSA has been beetless for a while. Your salad looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete