Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It has been a really long time since I've written and I'd like to explain why. I have been really, really sick - sicker than I've ever been in my entire life and while I won't get into the details of it, I will say that being this sick has prevented me from doing the things I most love like eating and writing about eating. Not being able to do these things and missing wonderful events like the Slow Food bike ride in the Redlands and the brunch at Lola's has made me pretty depressed and disappointed. I had a lot of great ideas planned for this growing season. I wanted to visit all the local Farmer's Markets while they were open. I wanted to try some new recipes, but unfortunately, I can't do any of these things. In fact, I can't even clean my house and I've had to abandon my CSA shares every week because I can't go pick them up and I can't eat the food in them anyway. At this point, I'd just like to be able to eat a simple, bland meal. Forget locally grown, exotic produce. Unfortunately, I'm going to be ill quite a while longer and I just have to get through it and hope that at least I'll be better by mango season. Until I'm well enough to eat and go places again, I'm going to take a break from this blog, but I promise you, the second, the very instant that I have recovered and am back to my old self, I will become an active part of the local food community of South Florida again. It can't happen soon enough for me.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I really enjoy reading your blog (as a fellow CSA-loving South Floridian) and I hope you feel better and can soon do all the things you've missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, TL! We'll be waiting for you.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better fast so we can have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, TL! Every day is a gift. Use this time to take naps, read or watch movies, take more naps, and let others take care of you. Plenty of CSA shares and locavore adventures will be waiting for you when you are ready to resume. You will get through this, and you will be strong and well again.

    ReplyDelete