Monday, December 26, 2011

Bok Choy

My brother in-law harvested a lot of bok choy from the vegetable garden today! It grew easily and quickly from seed and the bugs didn't mess with it. So far the bok choy has yielded the biggest harvest, which is good because I got to have some of the surplus! I love bok choy's mild flavor, being that I can't stand anything even slightly bitter and that rules out a lot of greens for me. Bok choy can be used in all sorts of steamed Asian dishes and stir fries but I prefer to sautee it quickly in a little oil with sliced garlic, ginger, hot peppers and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season with soy sauce and serve over brown rice or as a side dish with just about anything. And check out this article on the six health benefits of bok choy. It's high in folic acid and vitamin C.

No comments:

Post a Comment