Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Coral Ridge Outdoor Green Market

I was driving down Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale this morning when I noticed a sign for the Coral Ridge Outdoor Green Market, which is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Federal Highway and Oakland Park Boulevard. I turned into the parking lot to check it out and was disappointed when I saw that the one produce tent contained boxes of fruits and vegetables clearly marked Dole, Andy Boy etc. Not local stuff. Just buying the same produce you can find at Publix outside again. There was also another tent selling orchids and one selling breads. Hey, at least they don't call it farmer's market right? You can visit the Outdoor Green Market every Saturday between 9am and 3pm. It's a nice idea, but not what I was looking for. I'll hold out for the Urban Farmer tomorrow. In any case, I'd like to mention that the Outdoor Green Market is located in the same plaza as two fantastic restaurants: The Hi-Life Cafe and The Hibiscus Cafe. Both are hidden gems and absolutely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment