Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Solution to White Fly - Insecticidal Soap

Well, the war on white flies rages on. They're a huge problem down here now. I've seen enormous trees completely defoliated by the stupid things and I wasn't about to let my young fruit trees, that I paid a lot of money for, go down without putting up a good fight on their behalf. I planted marigolds around their bases, but they haven't grown enough yet and I had been blasting the flies off each leaf with the hose each evening but that wasn't enough. I had to bring out the big guns.

I bought some insecticidal soap at Home Depot and it works and is safe for organically grown edibles. The white flies hate it. I've been spraying my trees once a week and so far the white flies are gone. Dead and gone. The way they should be.

Here is the product I bought, but I'm sure there are other brands out there. This is what they had at my Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment